Proudly sponsored by :-
First of all, I would like to thank all members and sponsors for their continued support of STA Vic. I am honoured to be elected president of this association and look forward to keeping the momentum going over the next 12 months.
STA (Vic) wishes to thank Jacobsen once again for being the major sponsor of the 2016 Sports Field & Wicket Seminar held on 20 July 2016 at AAMI Park. It was a great opportunity for everyone to see the new Jacobsen Truckster XD that was proudly displayed at the entrance to the seminar venue.
The event was well attended with more than 280 delegates from schools, councils, suppliers, sporting associations and local TAFE colleges. Hopefully you all had the chance to catch up with one of the many sponsors in attendance.
We had a terrific array of presenters with topics ranging from control trials, turf diseases and preparation of grounds through to “change management”.
A special thanks to all our presenters for making a great contribution to the day:
- Chuck Greif, Jacobsen – Change Management
- Tim McCaskill, Cricket Victoria – Outline of development of Junction Oval
- John Neylan, Neyturf – Poa annua Control Trials Final Report
- Luke Cooney, Etihad Stadium – Study Tour USA under STA Graduate Program
- Dr Phil Ford, PGG Wrightson Turf – Establishment of Seeded Couch
- Jarrod Hill, Sporteng – Deakin University, Sports Ground at Waurn Ponds
- Dr David McGeary, ETP Turf – Disease Diagnostics for Sports Fields
- Ryan Poole, Pace Health – Backfit for Safety & Injury Prevention
Our guest speaker for the day, former Australian cricketer Simon O’Donnell, kept all the delegates entertained with stories from his career ranging from football, cricket and horseracing.
Once again, the catering was delicious and enjoyed by all and we thank all of the team at AAMI Park for ensuring the event ran smoothly.
On the formal side, the AGM was held at the beginning of the day including elections for the STA (Vic) Executive and office positions. The 2016 Committee will be made up as follows:
- President – Danny Edmunds
- Vice President – Peter Todd
- Secretary – Nathan Tovey
- Treasurer – Garry Woolard
- Activities – John Cann
- Membership – Grant Greenway
- Marketing – Rob Jenkins
- Education – Jim Porter
I value the support of the above volunteer committee and the fantastic work done by Jan Fenton in our administration role. Jan is an invaluable member of the team and I appreciate the chance to work more closely with her this year.
The future success of the association is dependent on the ongoing support of our members and sponsors. I encourage anyone who has any feedback regarding the recent seminar or any other matter that they would like the STA to explore, to drop us an email at email@example.com and we will be in touch.
STA (Vic) President