STA (Vic) Safety in the Workplace Seminar
Held 9th March, 2016
The half day event was a successful event enjoyed by a captive audience.
STA (Vic) would like to thank Dawn Mowers for sponsoring the event – www.dawnmowers.com.au
Thank you also to the speakers for attending on the day-
- Michael Tyrrell – Senior Inspector with WorkSafe provided an overview of – Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
Power of Inspectors
Focus areas of WorkSafe Victoria.
Occupational Health and Safety Hazards in the Horticulture Industry.
What Inspectors look for when conducting a visit, with focus on Tractors, attachments and Quad Bikes.
WorkSafe, Guidance available for the Horticulture Industry. worksafe.vic.gov.au
- Ben Gibson –the General Manager of epar, a national business dedicated to environment and safety in the sports turf and recreation industries. Ben has an extensive background in Safety Management systems and making workplace safety practical, engaging and effective. epar.com.au
- Garry Price, Technical Product Manager, Commercial Equipment, Toro Australia. Garry spoke on the safety measures that are incorporated into Toro machinery. http://www.toro.com.au
- Ryan Poole, Managing Director, Pace Occupational Health – Pace design and implement injury management and physical awareness programs throughout Victoria for a multitude of different industries. They also provide manual handling and ergonomics. paceoh.com.au
- Gerry Charlton, Director, IPOS Consulting. Gerry presented on Sports Ground Management – What is Duty of Care and Who is Responsible ipos.net.au